A hedging solution designed to mitigate risk and volatility from foreign currency exposures
to client requirements
A long-established and experienced portfolio management team
Our investment philosophy rests on four key beliefs:
- Hedging should never add to foreign currency risk
- Every position should reduce risk
- Trend-following strategies are not well suited for currency hedging
- A strong focus on drawdowns limits negative cash flow
Our Active Currency Hedging strategy follows a three-step process:
- We take a top-down approach to currency movements, seeking to anticipate the policy changes and capital flows that drive them.
- We combine these long-term views with rigorous bottom-up perspectives to determine a score for individual currencies. The score indicates the currency’s direction and our conviction.
- Final positions and hedging sizes are implemented, based on the clients’ FX exposures and risk guidelines.
Team and resources
Our Currency Management team is based in New York. Momtchil Pojarliev, who has more than 17 years of investment experience, leads the team.
The team benefits from access to our global trading and risk management platform, Sustainability Centre, Quantitative Research Group and Macro Research team.